Did you know that having had an injury in the past 12 months means you are at an increased risk of re-injury? This means the appropriate strengthening plan a solid pre-season and the best football boots are incredibly important. Today I am going to talk about the best football boots for 2018 and why.
Qualities to look for in a football boot:
- Uppers are strong and durable (leather is best as it is breathable and moldable to the foot)
- Strong midfoot (doesn’t bend in the middle)
- Flex at toes (to allow for an explosive push off the ground)
Asics win my vote for the best football boots available because:
- Asics has a 10mm integrated heel lift – which offloads the calf and achilles.
- Asic lethal ultimate –Most similar boot to a runner due to the eva foot bed which helps attenuate shock. Great choice for people who have tight calves or shin splints.
- Asic lethal tigroer – has flyte foam technology to make the shoe lighter and more responsive. Also has reduced stud configuration (lower to the ground) Good for mid field players.
- Asic lethal speed – 6 studded outsole for good grip and release during game play.
Other boots which get my tick of approval are:
- Ultra thin synthetic leather upper for reduced weight
- Speed track spine – allows for good side to side stabilty
- Combination stud pattern for good grip multidirectional movement
- Synthetic upper
- Comes in extra wide fit
- EVA foam foot bed for extra cushioning
- Combines light weight flyknit with premium kangaroo leather for flexible fit
- Firm ground studs good for short grass pitches
- Hyperstability plate – a compressed nylon plate adds stability to the boot without adding weight
Remember when trying on football boots
- They should feel nice and comfortable from the start (like a second skin) And to
- Try boots on with your normal football socks, braces and orthotics – to ensure the best fit on game day!
If you have any further questions on football boots or how to stay injury free then you can call the Geelong clinic on 5222 2358 or the Jan Juc clinic on 5261 4146.